Trailer Park Fae by Lilith Saintcrow - My Thoughts

Trailer Park Fae - Lilith Saintcrow

The first book in the Gallow and Ragged series was pretty much a scene setter for the whole series, I think.  At least it felt that way to me.

I really liked the character of Jeremy Gallow, half-sidhe construction worker who has withdrawn from the world of the sidhe.  He's cranky, even mean at times.  He has a dry, depricating wit that I much appreciated.  And you know, he's a good representation of the halfbreed anti-hero type, one of my kinks.  :)

Robin, the heroine?  I'm not sure yet. Just when I think I like her, she leaves me scratching my head and wanting to shake her.

Anyway, this was an okay read.  There was a lot of scene-setting and fancy prose surrounding all things fae-ish that I felt was a bit over-done for my liking, but YMMV.  I have come to the conclusion that urban fantasy - while I do enjoy some of it - is really not my go-to genre.  I will most likely read others in the series when they come out, but it won't be a rush to buy.

Oh, and the cover of this one might not be stunningly beautiful but it sure is eye-catching in a positive way.