30 Day Challenge - Day 2

Deryni Rising (The Chronicles of the Deryni #1) - Katherine Kurtz

Day 2 - A book that you’ve read more than 3 times.

Instead of going to my fallback of To Kill A Mockingbird, I decided to change it up this time and choose Deryni Rising by Katherine Kurtz because of it's importance to my reading life.

I was around 15 years old and my reading obsessions at the time were historical romances, mysteries and Harlequins.  I was at my aunt's and she'd received a box of books from a lady she worked with and told me I could check through and see if anything appealed to me.  I found Deryni Rising.  It was set in something similar to the middle ages, it had kings and queens and the like and it would wile away a summer's afternoon.

Well, my friends, it certainly passed that afternoon and started my love affair with fantasy novels, an affair that's going on 40+ years.  :)  I reread Deryni Rising from time to time.  I must be up to about 10 times now.  I reread others in the Deryni series as well.  They are total faves of mine.

**EDIT:  So... I am going to claim a senior moment and lack of caffeine for my HUMONGOUS gaffe of this morning.  The book I was speaking about is really Dernyi Rising,  the first book of the series and NOT, High Deryni, which is the 3rd.  Boy is my face red!!   BRIGHT RED!